Sunday, January 15, 2012

Eat me part three

As they sat on the floor across from each other, exhausted, sore but somehow exhilarated, the boy and the old woman stared into each other's eyes.  a glint of overhead light lingered on his nose ring and reflected light off of her eyeglasses to blind him in the left eye.

"Ah, that's blinding me'" he said warding off the light with his hand.
he rubbed his throat;  the choking had gone on for hours.




"You understand our agreement then, eh?" she asked gently.

"Yes Ma'am.  And do you want me to take out the recycling
and the garbage for you too? On Wednesdays?"

"Oh yes, that would be lovely. Those cans can be so heavy to pull.  My goodness my
shoulder hurts for days afterward!"

"Does it hurt right now?"

"Yes, as a matter of fact."  She rubbed her shoulder and
rotated her neck slowly, groaning a little.

"Here." he said, and he moved to her, and slid her peach
velour robe over one slim, velvety soft freckled shoulder.

"Was there anything in those cookies we had with the hot chocolate? I feel...kind of....funny."

"Oh yes dear,"  she said as he rubbed and rubbed, her grey head falling forward.
"Did your parents ever read you the Alice in Wonderland books by
Lewis Carroll? "

"Ummmmmm, I don't think so."

"Do you remember when Alice ate a little cake?"

"No, I never read it! I TOLD YOU THAT!"

"Don't raise your voice to me.  Really!   Well Alice,  the heroine of the story wants to shrink herself so she can go through a  very small door.  So she takes a bite of a little, darling cake with a card attached that says.."

"Oh! EAT ME.  Right,  I saw that movie."

"Yes! Yes! Eat me! Eat me!"

"So....I'm going to shrink? Cause I feel...."

"Oh no," she said laughing, "No, no.  you won't shrink.  Would you be able, if it fits into your schedule of course,  might you come over on Saturdays as well?  I have a feeling we can read our way through  all of the world's great literature in what....two months maybe?"

"That would be fucking awesome!  So wait, I'll come over on mondays of course and wednesdays and saturdays too."

"Yes.  Ooooooo that plan sounds marvelous."

"How does your shoulder feel?"

She said, "Don't Stop."


*********************
dedicated to Carrie J.




Confused? Read the posts "FUCK THAT! part one"  and "Not On My Watch, Sonny part two" to get the backstory for this steamy romance.....


No comments:

Post a Comment