Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Vicious Queens


The vicious queens were having a yard sale.

I walked around the painter set up on the asphalt parking strip, and the various queens hanging out nonchalantly in the shade. Drinking and relaxing.  Honing and refining their venom.

It was a sunny saturday!

I looked at the things for sale, pretty cool stuff like bakelite and dishes and antique THINGS.

I heard a queen speaking loudly, loud enough for me to hear.

"SEE HER? HER!  DID YOU SEE THAT ROOSTER? SHE HAS A ROOSTER TATTOO.  DID YOU SEE IT? NO, HER! A ROOSTER TATTOO!"

So I knew she was talking about me.

So I said, "I AM a rooster."

And she cackled and said, "YOU'RE A COUGAR HONEY AND I'M THE ROOSTER! COME OVER HERE, A ROOSTER AND A COUGAR!  HAHAHAHAHAHAH"

I felt that she might be advocating some kind of vicious fight to the death between us, a cougar-rooster and a plain rooster?

I smiled politely and a with a touch of rueful thrown in, I walked slowly away from the sale while walking slowly away.


She was still talking about the animal fight as I backed away.

I never really heard what she said.



*********************

No comments:

Post a Comment