Saturday, March 5, 2011

the Television


The T.V. is always on, I make sure of that.  I like it best when it's  playing some really inane noise, such as sounds of people that I can't really decipher into words.  The  babble is reassuring.  My T.V. is like a many faceted electronic human caught in a  friendly box shape just for me.  Sounds like friendly friends in the next room.   I always have it playing (it's "playing"!),  just to keep that comforting layer of sound buffering my reality. 







 As I stare transfixed I wonder that  this squawking box should give me any kind of comfort.  It doesn't respond to me, unless it's just to shut up when I mute it or to go away when I end it's life.   It tells me things I don't want to hear, like I need more moisturizer and less hair here, more BETTER hair there.  It tells me everyone is better/happier more successful than I will ever be.   It tries to scare me with vicious reports about bad people (like me) doing bad things (to me).  





Maybe this thing is not my friend at all, it doesn't care about comforting me.  Maybe it's more of a monster crouching in the corner ready to devour my soul the minute I willingly bring it into life!







But look at my T.V.,  it's sitting there, silent and grey, ready, waiting..... It wants me, I can tell.  I can't stand the patient waiting that that electronic picture box is doing,  nonchalantly sitting there expecting   me to acknowledge it,  just waiting for my desire to hear it's voice peak and then I will have no choice...  It is slowly drawing me to it with it's revelatory potential.
 How will it posses me today?











Soon I will break down, I will press the button, I will free the demon.   It will control me again and I will become it's adoring slave.


No comments:

Post a Comment