Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Quick Walk

I never  thought it would end.
The trudgery,
the drudgery
of that walk.

I felt as though I had been moving forever, I
could barely remember a time BEFORE THIS.

I saw the slanting streets pitch off on one side.
I saw the
 fathomless mining pit darkening in the gloom on the other.

I was trying to get home.

Yes the streets slanted, they
were so steep
I felt like
a mule or a very lame horse huffing and puffing
up that hill.
It was late and dark and chilly and sad.


I was trying to......
well, I guess it doesn't really matter anymore.










Because I never made it.











So I get to hang around here,
yes forever.
This town, this street, this hillside.
I know it very well!

I'm not bitter. I don't hurt.
Everyone's got to go sometime.
I get to see the local ghost tour, that's
something.
(Every night)



Someday maybe YOU"LL be walking
up this hill.
Trudging and Drudging.
I'll speak to you,
whisper by your ear.
If you're lucky.
If you linger.
If you'll spare some
time for me, I'll
flow through your hair.

whoooooooosh.

I told you it doesn't hurt!
Cry baby!

Try not to make it
too quick of a walk, ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment